Group Fitness Instructor Job Description
Are you a Certified Personal Trainer with a positive attitude and can-do approach to life? Do you want to make money while helping people achieve their fitness goals? Then this could be a great opportunity for you!
Programmed and led by Certified Personal Trainers, we offer small group personal training in a fun and encouraging atmosphere 4+ times a day.
We are looking for a Certified Personal Trainer for the following sessions: Monday 5:30 PM session and 6:30 PM session; and Wednesday 5:30 PM session and 6:30 PM session.
There is also an opportunity to get more hours, based on performance.
You will be developing programming and leading two 55-minute small group fitness sessions on Monday evening, and two 55-minute small group fitness sessions on Wednesday evening. Each session can have up to 8 people in it, and takes place on-site in our climate controlled studio. Training sessions combine resistance training, primarily using dumbbells, kettlebells, and barbell; high intensity cardiorespiratory training; and core, flexibility, and mobility work. For more information, see our website, Facebook, and/or Instagram.
The group fitness instructor rate is $21 per hour. Instructors are paid bi-weekly. With each paycheck, we give a $25 gas card as a bonus, because we want to help our trainers put their pay directly into their pockets.
Roles and Tasks
We are looking for Certified Personal Trainers who:
- Understand anatomy and body mechanics
- Can program, progress, and regress core pattern exercises
- Have strong personal character
- Love people
- Want to have fun
- Adhere to all standards of behavior in the coaches manual/staff playbook
- Show leadership and professionalism at all times
- Greet and interact with arriving/exiting members
- Prepare and implement group training strategies for clients
- Manage general administrative tasks and set the tone for each session
- Start all sessions precisely on time
- Smile and be inviting, courteous and fun. Introduce yourself to everyone in the room
- Take attendance and ensure everyone has signed in through our system
- High school diploma
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM, ACE, ISSA, or similar)
- CPR/AED certified
- Strong personal character
- Positive, enthusiastic, and can-do attitude
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- We provide liability insurance – no need to be insured!
If that sounds like you, please send an email with your Resume to: [email protected]
About Chattanooga Fitness Club
Chattanooga Fitness Club is a small group personal training, private 1-on-1 personal training, and nutrition coaching facility located at 3829 Hixson Pike, Chattanooga, TN 37415.
Our built-in social structure and group accountability model makes working out fun and friendly while you get fit! Your sessions will be crafted and led by Certified Personal Trainers in a supportive and encouraging small group setting, all to help you achieve your personal health and fitness goals.
In addition to small group personal training, we also offer private 1-on-1 personal training, in which the gym is shut down just for you when a Crew is not in session, and you work through a customized plan with a Certified Personal Trainer based on your individual goals, timeline, and schedule.
We also offer Nutrition Coaching where our Certified Nutrition Coach works with you to help understand the components of a healthy diet, set appropriate dietary targets, and stick to them over time using a coaching approach!
Chattanooga Fitness Club is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Send an email with your Resume to: [email protected]